Have you ever been punched in the face by a GIRL? With sonic and artistic nods to 70’s glitter rock coupled with a snotty punk rawness, Scary Cherry’s music takes you on a four-on-the-floor joyride. With their upcoming release of their single Tonight, Scary Cherry combines riot grrrl ethos with the pop smarts of The Runaways for a sound that salutes the past while paving its own hard rock path of the future. The new single is a glitter roller coaster ride, twisting and turning, leaving you feeling exhilerated and bruised for the better.
While it may sound like the band hails from the gutters of NYC, Scary Cherry and the Bang Bangs actually come from the most unlikely of homes: Dallas, TX. Born out of roller derby in the Lone Star State, team captain and coach for the Slaughterers, Scary Cherry was asked to write a theme song for the league. Scary recruited like-minded friends and an unstoppable machine was created. 7 years, an EP, LP, and many awards later, Scary Cherry and the Bang Bangs have garnered a loyal and ever growing fan base who refer to themselves and the band as Glitter Punks, a moniker (given from the European Punks) the band wears with pride.
Having opened up for such bands as The Misfits, Megadeth, Slash, Lords of Acid, and Sponge, the band has no demographic boundaries. With 5 original singles having been played in major market radio as well as music featured in television and film, Scary Cherry and the Bang Bangs have come out in a big way…their own independent way.
Scary Cherry and the Bang Bangs are a simultaneously a hyper-kinetic, dangerous, sexy beast and ultimately the essence of sexy glitter punk, rock, magic.
- Added to Sirius XM Satellite Radio
- “Lets Go” featured in a national commercial for Main Event
- Added to Pandora Internet Radio
- “Don’t Wanna” winner for Best Rock Single at The 13th Annual Independent Music Awards
- The Album “GIRL” was nominated for Best Rock Album at The 13th Annual
Independent Music Awards
- “GIRL” won as Best Rock Album of 2014 by Legion Is On The Air
- Named Artist of the Year by 365 Radio Network’s Xtreme 365 Radio
- Invited to play CMJ 2013 and 2014
- “Don’t Wanna” charted #2 on college radio
- The album “GIRL” featured on UK Off The Charts “Masterpieces” series
- Toured nationally, includes opening slots for The Misfits, Lords of Acid, Thrill Kill Cult, Megadeth, Slash, Black Label Society, Koffin Kats, Genitorturers, Barb Wire Dolls and Sponge.
- Grand prize winner for Reverbnation’s Derby Ink Contest
- Grand prize winner of Microsoft/Reverbnation Contest
- Ourstage.com MTV $5k grand prize winner
- Grand prize winner to play 97.1 The Eagle’s BFD Music Festival
Listen to the complete “GIRL” album below:
Listen to the complete “Limited Edition EP” below:
“Cut Off Your Head”
North America is catching the buzz with 100+ radio staions playing Scary Cherry and the Bang Bangs.
See full list here!
Scary Cherry & the Bang Bangs (self-released)
“With their deliciously raw mix of glitter rock and garage punk, you’d think Scary Cherry & the Bang Bangs would call the Big Apple home. Rather, the trio comprised of Scary Cherry, Tony Coke and Minx the Jinx hails from Dallas, and it does the Lone Star State proud on its rollicking “Girl” debut. The band spent six years touring and honing its sound and the result is this 12-track, R-rated gem. From the opening strains of “Don’t Wanna” till the final notes of “Frankie 45,” Scary Cherry & the Bang Bangs never ease off the throttle. Keepers include the title track, “Get It Off,” “Crazy Jane,” “S.T.F.U.,” “Face” and “Anita 69.” Highly recommended.”
– Jeffrey Sisk at TribLIVE
“Women and rock and roll is all about. Especially when you have attitude, then the business is more cool.
And this is the case of the band Scary Cherry and The Bang Bangs, who makes a song with 70′s glitter rock coupled with a snotty punk rawness. A powerful voice gives more strength and ruthlessness to the band’s music.
Scary Cherry and The Bang Bangs is a band with girl, but making music for “macho”.”
“With each passing of time comes a slight but significant changing of social order. The way we perceive ourselves, our peers, and what is expected of us…Read more
Management / Label / Publishing: Monkey Mountain Music
Dick Cherry: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dick’s Assistant: Tony Coke – 214.208.4006
PR: Aurelia Baker